Monday, November 28, 2005

Luxembourg, Europe

I was going through pictures today and I realized that I don't have any pictures of Luxembourg. Not one. I went through the pictures twice and... well, I guess I might be lying. I have a picture which may be of Luxembourg. It's in the right set of photos - right between Germany and Belgium. It's taken from a train, and it shows a blurry hill streaked with rain. It's not a good picture.

I actually spent a significant period of time in Luxembourg, though, that's the thing that's bugging me. I mean, we got in on a Thursday and didn't leave until... Sunday night? The details are a little foggy to me. Thinking back, I'm pretty sure we arrived in Brussels early on a Monday, so we must have only left the Lux on Sunday night.

Ah, Luxembourg. It's quite the place, really. Filled with, um, stuff. And people. There are lots of people. And things to do. Oh yes, filled with culture is old Luxembourg. Nary a moment goes by that's not packed with excitement.

*sigh*

Okay, perhaps I'm being a bit unfair here. I mean, I'm pretty sure that I had a good time in Luxembourg. I think I met every single person that lives in the place, and half of them bought me a drink at the local bar. After the pub closed, the bunch of us, me and Luxembourg, we walked over to the German border. While we were there, we kept standing with one foot on either side of the border. "Look," Luxembourg would say, "I'm in Germany. Now I'm not! Now I am!" We all had a laugh and then we walked over to the French border and peed on France.

Nobody likes France.

I was there, though, for something like three and a half days. Why can't I remember more? I remember it being kind of blah. It was nice, I think. It certainly wasn't terribly un-nice - that would stick in my memory. It was fairly expensive - the Euros dribbled out of my pocket at slightly more than the usual rate. I think. It's hard to say.

One day, I'm pretty sure, I rented or borrowed a car (again - the details are foggy) and decided to drive round the entire country. After that was done, we stopped for breakfast and had a nice solid meal of sausage and possibly other things that may or may not have been sausage.

Overall, my experience with Luxembourg is that it's this tiny little place. It's no bigger than I'd say, PEI. Have you been to PEI? Do you remember that? Exciting, eh?

I'm not sure why I had to post this - I think it's the sheer unfortunateness of having been to a country and not being able to remember anything about it other than the fact that it's unmemorable. So please, I ask of you, go to Luxembourg. Tell me what it's like. Let me know what I didn't miss and can't recall.

I'm sure you'll have a blast. I think I may have.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually adore Luxembourg :) It is so quite, peaceful, like no one is on the rush there. The nature, parks and everything is so green and people really maintain all that beauty. Great post you made I can confirm that people there are very friendly.

Greetings rent holiday apartment lodnon

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home